Order Lunch Here
My Green Lunch Welcomes Back
Casa di Mir
We are thrilled to announce that My Green Lunch will be providing hot lunch services Casa di Mir
again for the 2018/2019 school year. My Green Lunch is a locally owned and family operated
business founded with a specific mission, to provide a delicious, fresh, nutritious, economical, and
environmentally sustainable lunch program to Silicon Valley schools.
We strive to source all of our food products (meats, dairy, fruits and vegetables) from sustainable
farms within a 250-mile radius of our commercial kitchen in San Jose. We are raising the bar on school
lunch, offering both hot and cold entrees daily (meat & vegetarian), fresh fruits and fresh vegetables.
You’ll have a choice to select from at least (9) different options each day, ensuring that you have a
wide variety of options available that meet your child’s specific tastes and preferences.
We believe food should be about:
• Fresh – Food should come from farm to school, not the factory to school• Education – Teaching children where your food comes from
• Sustainable – Teaching children the choices they make effects the environment, including how we
source food and the use of sustainable packaging
• Culture– Food should foster a sense of community and embody many cultures
• Health – Food should be Real – Free of chemicals, hormones, antibiotics, and pesticides
What defines our food?
• Preservative & Chemical Free
• Pesticide Free
• Locally Produced
• Sustainably Sourced
• Organic Dairy, Cage Free Eggs, and
Humanely Raised Meats
What do I need to know:
• 1st Day of Hot Lunch Service: August 27th, 2018
• Days Offered: We will be providing lunch service (5) days a week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,
Thursday, and Friday.
• Lunch Menu: A calendar menu will be provided monthly in addition to a weekly email that will be sent out to registered users on the My Green Lunch ordering system. A Weekly email will provide a friendly reminder if you have not placed an order for one or more of your students.
• Pricing: My Green Lunch will be offering (2) meals sizes:
1. Regular portion size for $5.85
2. Large portion size for $6.65 (recommended for 4th and up) **NOTE: “Add-On Meals” also include a fresh fruit, fresh vegetable and healthy snack. They are one size only: hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, soups, and some salads and sandwiches.
• What’s in a lunch?: Each Lunch includes (4) items:
1. Hot/Cold Entree of choice (At least 9 options offered daily)
2. Fresh fruit
3. Healthy Snack
4. Fresh Vegetables
• Ordering: My Green Lunch is a pre-paid, pre-ordered service that utilizes a 100% on-line ordering system. (see below for “How to Order”) ** If you wish to pre-load your account with funds to skip the checkout process you can contact us to make those arrangements at firstname.lastname@example.org. **
• Ordering Deadline: In order to offer the freshest lunch possible while minimizing food waste, we have instituted a deadline of 1 day before lunch is served (Example: Sunday by 11:00AM for Monday lunch service)
• Canceling Orders: Orders can be cancelled for credit if done online by 11:00AM the day before lunch is served for 100% credit. After 11:00AM, you can cancel your order by 5:00PM the day before lunch is served for 50% credit by emailing “email@example.com”. Simply provide your students name and we will cancel the order for you. Please allow 48 hours for the credit to be added to your account.
• Allergies & Dietary Restrictions: My Green Lunch offers gluten free, dairy free, and vegetarian options as indicated on the calendar menu provided each month.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, we encourage you to contact My Green Lunch by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to serving lunches to your children at Helios School!
How do I order Hot Lunch at Casa di Mir?
Step 1: Got To Casa di Mir Hot Lunch
Step 2: Click on “School Lunch” then click on “Order Hot Lunch” – This will take you to the Account Setup page
Step 3: Choose a Login *Login must be between 6 and 15 characters, and must contain at least (1) number **No punctuation or spaces allowed
Step 4: Choose a Password
*Password must be between 6 and 15 characters, and must contain at least (1) number **No punctuation or spaces allowed
Step 5: Enter your Email; Next, Enter a Security Question and Answer
Step 6: Next, click ‘Create an Account’ to create new account. This brings you to a welcome message with information on how to add a child and place an order.
Step 7: Click on the ‘Student’ tab. Then click on ‘Add a new student’. Select the school ‘Casa di Mir’, and your students ‘Grade’. Next, Enter the first and last name, and click ‘submit’. If you make a mistake, just click ‘Edit’ under ‘Action’.
***Returning Students: Simply update your students “Grade” before ordering, this will ensure your students lunch has the correct grade associated with their name.
Step 7: To place an order, click on the ‘Order’ tab. On the left, you can see a list of users. Choose the student you wish to order for first. Orders must be placed separately for each student. Below students, you can select ‘Portions’. Choose a portion, then go to a date and select a ‘Menu Item’. A popup appears to the left with a description of the selected menu item. Be sure to add each menu item to your cart. To add multiple items at the same time, hold down the ‘shift’ key while clicking on menu options. This will add all the options you click to your cart at the same time.
Step 8: When you are done ordering, click ‘Checkout’. Here, you can review your order and your total. Next, click ‘Pay Now’. You will then receive a confirmation email confirming your order.
*Still have questions? Click on the following link for online tutorial: http://www.hotlunchonline.com/for-parents/
**Additional questions: email email@example.com