Gifts of Stock
Gifts of appreciated securities typically carry benefits not associated with gifts made by check, cash, or credit card:
- You avoid capital gains tax. Any gain is taxable if you sell stock or mutual fund shares yourself, but not if you transfer ownership to Casa di Mir Montessori School.
- Your charitable deduction for federal income tax purposes is based on the full fair market value of the shares on the date the gift is made.
- You receive credit from Casa di Mir Montessori School for the full fair-market value of the shares, but the cost to you is only your original purchase price.
If you are considering a gift of physical stock certificates, direct registration shares, closely-held stock, stocks held on a foreign exchange, or mutual funds, please contact Shailendra Baghel at 408.370.3033 or email@example.com.
Otherwise, complete and submit this form. For questions, please contact Diane Dunning, Director of Development and Marketing, at 408-429-8470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The effective date of your gift is the date the transfer is received in Casa di Mir’s account.
- For your tax purposes, the value of the donated stock will be calculated using the average of the high and low prices for the stock on the date the stock is transferred into Casa di Mir’s account. For more information about tax deduction of donated stock, please see IRS Publications 526 (Charitable Contributions) and 561 (Determining the Value of Donated Property), and consult your tax adviser.
Casa di Mir Montessori School is a 501c(3) non-profit school; tax ID is 77-0280511. All donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by the law. And all are welcomed with gratitude.